Hopkins County Fall Festival
ANNUAL HOPKINS COUNTY FALL FESTIVAL
October 21st – 28th
The 2018 Fall Festival Board of Directors and Volunteers have been working diligently all year to plan events, find attractions, interests and activities that will appeal to people of all ages. This group spends many hours of their personal time, hard work and dedication to bring everyone an exciting and enjoyable festival.
Some of the events the Fall Festival board will put on this year will be:
- July 21st- Splish Splash Water Bash – two huge water slides will be set up on Celebration Plaza for the kids to enjoy cooling off in the July heat
- October 8th- 23rd Annual Fall Festival Golf Tournament- Sulphur Springs Country Club. Tee off at noon.
- The Fall Festival Business After Hours Mixer and Ribbon Cutting – TBA
- October 20th – Fall Festival parade- 10am starting at Buford Park
- October 24th – 27th – Triple T Amusements Carnival
- October 26th – 27th the Hopkins County Fall Festival – Hopkins County Regional Civic Center and grounds
- October 27th- Saturday night will wrap up the festival with the Dairyland Donkey Basketball Tournament at 7pm, in the SSHS gym. The Cover Girl awards and announcement will take place during the intermission.
Saturday, October 20th will officially kick off the Fall Festival with the annual parade to start at 10am from Buford Park. This year’s Grand marshal will be Jeff Shelton and Sulphur Springs Dodge. We want to recognize Jeff Shelton and Sulphur Springs Dodge for all of the support and dedication they give to the various organizations, schools, clubs, youth groups and events in our county. Jeff is a very generous person, who wants to help our community, if he can. He is especially dedicated to the youth of our county. One of his favorite sayings is, “It’s all about the kids!”
Tuesday, October 23rd- and Thursday, October 25th- The 36th Annual Cover Girl Contest will be held in the Civic Center arena.
Wednesday, October 24th- The Triple T Amusements carnival will open and run through Saturday night.
Thursday, October 25th- Commercial vendors will start setting up in the Civic Center and on the grounds. The food vendors will also set up in the area in front of the rodeo arena entrance. The vendors will be open 5pm – 8pm.
Friday, October 26th and Saturday, October 27th – the 49th Annual Hopkins County Fall Festival- commercial exhibits, Arts & Crafts, Creative Arts, food vendors, the Tanna Banana Story and Song Show, and many, many more activities will be taking place. Again, we will have the Kids Zone with horse rides, Water Balls are Fun, bounce house, games, face and hair painting, bucking machine, and many more attractions. Of course, the Triple T Amusements carnival will be going on too!
Saturday, October 27th –The Dairyland Donkey Basketball Tournament, with teams made up of local residents and groups.The announcement of the Cover Girl title winner and awards will be announced during the intermission. Everyone is invited to come out and enjoy a fun and exciting time.
We hope everyone will come out and enjoy all of the events and activities the Fall Festival has to offer. Wrap up your weekend with fun activities, events, and a wild and crazy Donkey Basketball Tournament!
There is always something for everyone to enjoy at the Hopkins County Fall Festival!!!
To request a vendor application or obtain other information, please email hopkinscountyfallfestival@gmail or call the HCFF President, Tracy Dennis at 903-243-1925.