Hopkins County Fall Festival
48th ANNUAL HOPKINS COUNTY FALL FESTIVAL
2017 Date Coming Soon
The 2016 Board of Directors have been working diligently all year to plan events, find attractions, interests and activities that will appeal to people of all ages. The Directors and Volunteers dedicate many hours of their personal time, hard work and dedication to bringing everyone an exciting and enjoyable festival.
Some of the events the Fall Festival board will put on during the year will be:
- May 7 - Reds, Whites & Brews Festival – partnering with the City on the Celebration Plaza, they brought in several Texas wineries and craft beer breweries for tastings and sales.
- July 16 - Battle of the Bands- preliminary round- on the Celebration Plaza.
- August 6 - Battle of the Bands- final round- on the Celebration Plaza.
- August 19 - hosting the Emerald City Band concert on the Celebration Plaza.
- September 15 -17- due to scheduling conflicts the Wagner Carnival will be at the SSHS parking lot instead of in October.
- September 17 - The Winner of the Battle of the Bands will appear in concert on the Celebration Plaza.
- October 6 -The Fall Festival Business After Hours Mixer and Ribbon Cutting at 5pm at City Hall.
- October 10 - the 21st Annual Fall Festival Golf Tournament at the Sulphur Springs Country Club. Tee off at 12pm.
Saturday, October 15th, will officially kick off the Fall Festival with our annual parade. We are recognizing the Linemen of the County for the long, hard, dangerous and tedious work they do to restore power to our homes across the county, while the weather conditions are usually cold, wet, rainy or freezing. We are asking the Linemen with FEC and Oncor to be our Grand Marshalls for the parade.
Tuesday, October 18th and Thursday, October 20th, The 34th Annual Cover Girl Contest will be held in the Civic Center Arena. Also on that Thursday, October 20th and Friday, October 21st, the returning Lone Star Action BMX Show with their informative and exciting show to go along with Red Ribbon Week, plus the Texas Snake Show, will have two performances each day for the area elementary schools.
Friday, October 21st, the Commercial exhibits, food vendors, Kids Zone, BMX show, Texas Snake Show, Waterballs attraction, and so many other activities, will be in and around the Civic Center area. In the High School cafeteria area, the Creative Arts and Arts & Crafts Show will be taking place.
Saturday, October 22nd, all of the attractions and activities from Friday will continue. We will also have the Texas High School Rodeo Association rodeo in the Civic Center arena Saturday and Sunday, for festival goers to attend and enjoy. Saturday evening, about 8pm, country artist Ed Burleson, will perform in the arena after the rodeo. The concert and dance are for the rodeo contestants, their families, and anyone who would like to attend. We also are excited to have our own hometown sensation, Hannah Kirby, perform as the headliner for our Hometown Sound concert to be held in the newly renovated auditorium at 7pm. Opening for Hannah will be the Mansion Family, who have local family connections. We invite everyone to come out
We hope everyone will come out and enjoy all of the events and activities the Fall Festival has to offer. Wrap up your weekend with a rodeo, a country concert and dance in the arena, or with a fantastic concert by local entertainers.
There is always something for everyone to enjoy at the Hopkins County Fall Festival!!
To request a vendor application or obtain other information, please send an email to email@example.com or call the HCFF President, Tracy Dennis at 903-243-1925.
Hopkins County Fall Festival
PO Box 177
Sulphur Springs, Texas 75483