Hopkins County Fall Festival
ANNUAL HOPKINS COUNTY FALL FESTIVAL
October 21st – 28th
The 2017 Fall Festival Board of Directors and Volunteers have been working diligently all year to plan events, find attractions, interests and activities that will appeal to people of all ages. This group spends many hours of their personal time, hard work and dedication to bring everyone an exciting and enjoyable festival.
Some of the events the Fall Festival board will put on this year will be:
March 21st – 22nd – The Kelly Miller Circus – a big top circus on the Civic Center grounds
- July 15th- Splish Splash Water Bash – two huge water slides will be set up on Celebration Plaza for the kids to enjoy cooling off in the July heat
- August 25th- the return of the FREE Emerald City Band concert- to be held in the Civic Center Arena. VIP tables and seating will be sold.
- September 23rd- Caged Dodge Ball Tournament – this first time event to be held in Sulphur Springs on Davis St. between Muddy Jakes and Caps & Flasks.
- October 9th- 22nd Annual Fall Festival Golf Tournament- Sulphur Springs Country Club. Tee off at noon.
- October 12th- the Fall Festival Business After Hours Mixer and Ribbon Cutting – TBA
- October 21st – Fall Festival parade- 10am starting at Buford Park
- October 27th – 28th the Hopkins County Fall Festival – Hopkins County Regional Civic Center and grounds
- October 28th – Concert and Dance- with Jacoby Smith and the Midnight Twang, and Exit 110- Civic Center Arena
Saturday, October 21st will officially kick off the Fall Festival with the annual parade to start at 10am from Buford Park. This year’s Grand marshal will be Patti Stone Sells. We want to recognize Patti for all of the work she does with families that have lost a loved one in serving our country and for her work with the Tanner Stone Higgins Warrior Run that raises money for scholarships.
Tuesday, October 24th- and Thursday, October 26th- The 35th Annual Cover Girl Contest will be held in the Civic Center arena. Also on that Thursday, October 26th and Friday October 27th, the returning Lone Star Action Sports BMX Show with their informative and exciting show to go along with Red Ribbon Week, plus the Professor Newton Science Show, will have two performances each day for the area elementary schools.
Friday, October 27th and Saturday, October 28th – the 48th Annual Hopkins county Fall Festival- commercial exhibits, Arts & Crafts, Creative Arts, food vendors, BMX show, Texas Snake Show, live music, Kids Zone, and many, many more activities will be taking place.
Saturday, October 28th –Concert and Dance- 7pm in the Civic Center Arena-opening with the reunion of the Cumby area band, Exit 110. Headlining will be the local band of Jacoby Smith and the Midnight Twang. Tickets $5 at the door. The announcement of the Cover Girl title winner will be announce in between the two shows. Everyone is invited to come out and enjoy our local talent.
We hope everyone will come out and enjoy all of the events and activities the Fall Festival has to offer. Wrap up your weekend with fun activities, events, and a concert and dance in the arena with local entertainers.
There is always something for everyone to enjoy at the Hopkins County Fall Festival!!!
To request a vendor application or obtain other information, please email hopkinscountyfallfestival@gmail or call the HCFF President, Tracy Dennis at 903-243-1925.
Hopkins County Fall Festival
PO Box 177
Sulphur Springs, Texas 75483