Utility Billing Information
**24/7 BILL PAY KIOSK NOW OPEN**
Cash and cards accepted at kiosk, checks accepted in drop box
Want to receive your bill via e-mail?
Fill out the form below to receive your bill electronically
To establish residential utility service with the City of Sulphur Springs you must come in with your state issued Drivers License or ID Card and Social Security Number. A deposit of $60.00 is required at the time you start service. Same day service is provided if you are in before 3:30 P.M.
Office Hours are Monday- Friday 8 A.M.-5 P.M.
Utility Billing Frequently Asked Questions
I just received my first bill and there is a charge labeled NCF, what does that mean?
- NCF stands for New Connect Fee. It is a $10 charge that will be on the first bill only.
What do the codes on my bill mean?
- SA stands for Sanitation, SW stands for Sewer, and WA stands for water.
How can I pay my bill?
- We accept cash, checks, Visa, Master Card, and Discover. There are several options to get payment to us. We accept payment by mail, in the night deposit, at the kiosk, via automatic bank draft, online or in the office . Bank draft forms are available in the water office for those who wish to enjoy easy bill pay.
How does the billing cycle work?
- You will have 15 days to pay your bill. After that, cutoff letters will be sent out, and you will be given no less than 10 days to pay it before it is disconnected.
What happens if I get disconnected?
- In order to get your service reestablished, you will have to pay the total balance on the account plus a $30 reconnect fee. Any payment received on an account after 3:30 p.m. is not guaranteed to be reconnected until the next day.
Does the city allow extensions or arrangements to be made?
- No, there will be no extensions or arrangements.
What are the requirements for trash collection?
- Trash needs to be in bags at the curb by 7 a.m. There is a limit of 7 bags per trash pickup and each bag cannot weigh more than 40 lbs.
Will leaves and limbs be picked up?
- Yes, leaves must be in bags and limbs must be tied in bundles of 3 feet or less.
Where can I dispose of big items?
- Once a year the City of Sulphur Springs sponsors a city wide spring clean up. Look for details in the local paper.
I’m moving to another residence in the city limits, what do I need to do?
- Give us a call at 903.885.7541 and we will transfer service from your current address to your new address. There will be a $10 transfer fee.
I’m moving and no longer need service, what do I need to do?
- Always let us know when you are moving from a residence, otherwise you will continued to be billed for service. Call us or come by and we will disconnect your service. Your initial deposit will be applied to the final bill and any credit amount will be mailed to you in the form of a check.
Any additional questions, comments, and concerns can be directed to the water department at 903.885.7541.
City of Sulphur Springs
125 S. Davis
Sulphur Springs, TX 75482