The City of Sulphur Springs recently acquired 4,892 acres that saves and excepts 15.59 acres for the Railroad (KCS) and 19.217 acres for FM 1870 (TxDOT) with a net acreage of 4,857.591 acres of land. Now that the property is owned by the City, the City has initiated the process for annexing the property to bring it into city limits.
- Resolution 1184 to determine this is an Exempt Annexation.
- Resolution 1185 to set dates, times, and the location for public hearings.
Provided below is a copy of the public hearing notice along with a map and legal description of the area being considered for annexation.
- Public Hearing Notice- City Council will conduct public hearings on January 7th at 5:30 pm and January 9th at 6:00 pm in the City Council Chamber of the City Hall located at 201 North Davis Street, Sulphur Springs, Texas 75482.
- Map of Area Exhibit A
- Legal Description of Area Exhibit A-1
- Extraterritorial Jurisdiction (ETJ) Existing & Updated with Proposed Annexation
- Proposed Annexation Property and Updated ETJ
- Proposed Service Plan